Suzanne has more than 25 years of global business development experience working to board level with FTSE 50 and entrepreneurial companies, in Russia, North and South America and throughout Europe.
She now works with senior leaders and their teams from the FTSE 50, professional partnerships, finance and investment, pharma and FMCG industries both in the UK and overseas.
“Suzanne will get to the heart of any blockages of progress in you or your organizations people. She enables the forensic examination of a problem whilst maintaining the value and worth of the individuals she is working with. Suzanne can also facilitate the types of conversation that enable higher level vision and strategy that can really put the energy behind planning and development processes to achieve much more than expected.”CEO
Suzanne’s commercial experience includes Ernst & Young, DeAgostini (Italy) and Rand McNally (US), the BBC and Dorling Kindersley. As Account Director for Ernst & Young, she led client relationship and strategy (FTSE 50 including GUS, Allied Domecq and M&S), coached for performance and ran the selection of Business Development Professionals
Suzanne has considerable experience using languages to work internationally and for a wide range of organisational entities (public, private, joint venture, partnership and more). She has lived and worked abroad, led commercial negotiations in English, Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese and worked through interpreters in Russia, and Latin America. This intercultural sensitivity is a key element of Suzanne’s work.
Coaching Senior leaders and their teams since 2000, Suzanne focuses on leadership transition and transformational growth.
Combining in depth coaching expertise rooted in commercial and international business experience, she specialises in:
- Personal Leadership at board level
- Top team performance
- Strategic development of business relationships
- Conflict & change
- Master Certified Coach MCC (since 2012) International Coach Federation,
- 5 years+ training in Transactional Analysis (Organisational field), certified transactional analyst in training
- Accredited Coach Supervisor, (CSA).
- Coach Accreditation (2008) Oxford Brooks,
- Accredited Mediator, (Regents College School of Psychotherapy & Counselling Psychology). Practitioner, Systemic Coaching and Facilitation.
- Accredited: Level A & B British Psychological Society
- Master Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Business Leadership, Business Strategy (Ernst & Young),
- Management Training (BBC)
- BA Hons French & Italian.
Accredited to use the following psychometrics
- Insights Discovery
- Hogan Leadership Suite (Hogan Development Survey, HDS, Hogan Personality Inventory HPI and Motivation, Values and Preferences Inventory MVPI)
- FIRO Element B
- Occupational Personality Questionnaire OPQ (SHL)
- Motivation Questionnaire MQ (SHL)
- Lominger Architect
- Predictive Index
“She brings the warmth of her personality into the role, so that every member of the group feels encouraged to participate and take risks. She also brings a great deal of psychological self awareness and antennae for others’ issues that give a depth to her work.”CEO
“An appreciation for her role at a critical time for me professionally (starting first CEO job) and personally.”CEO
“Suzanne brings a capacity to uncover the unspoken. Her coaching style, intuitive perception of emotion, motivations and energy make her quite unique in my experience of coaches. She maintains the coaching role; strengthening the capital of the individual to make their own decisions whilst successfully intervening to offer observations that ultimately uncover powerful understanding of problems, solutions and opportunities.”CEO
“She will get you results. She will understand your circumstances however complex. Very enjoyable experience. Can be challenging but that is what you want from a premium coaching service.”COO
“Suzanne can also facilitate the types of conversation that enable higher level vision and strategy that can really put the energy behind planning and development processes to achieve much more than expected.”COO